So…it’s 2013. I thought you might be curious as to what my New Years resolutions are going to be. Simple. I don’t have any. It isn’t because I’m not motivated. Quite the opposite really. I just happen to believe, that anyone who makes a New Years resolution, isn’t serious about whatever it is they SAY that they want to accomplish.
I don’t care if its quitting smoking, quitting drinking, losing weight, working out more, being more financially responsible, or anything else for that matter. New Years resolutions are nothing more than a to-do list for the first week in January.
How do I know this to be true? Because if someone REALLY wanted to improve their lives, they would just do so. Here is an example. I decided that I wanted to lose some weight. I could have easily said “I’ll get right on it…after the holidays of course, because…you know, all the holiday food and all…”. Did I do that? No. I started Thursday, December 16th. Why? Because that was when I set my mind to do it, not before, not after. I’ve lost few pounds so far, in case you are wondering, but that’s a topic for another day.
The point is guys, that if you want to improve your life in some way, you don’t have to wait until January 1st to do it. All you have to do, is make up your mind that you WILL do it.
So if I WERE they type to do resolutions, what would I do? I would probably resolve to procrastinate less. It’s a bad habit I picked up in school. Unlike most students though, I did it on purpose. Having a paper due the next morning would force me to focus harder. It’s a habit that is extremely hard to break (hence the reason my New Years Resolution post is going out on December 31st).
Oh well…I suppose I’ll work on improving that. I know !! That will be my New Years resolution for NEXT year !!!
But what are they gonna be…Well there are many….But few of them can be :
- Donate my clothes that I donâ€™t wear anymore.
- Clean my room.
- Give more and more blood.
- Properly recycle all of the old electronics and batteries in the house.
- Learn how to tie 5 new types of knots.
- Update my top 10 online accounts with more secure passwords.
- Pick a random house and help them out.
- Write letter to my so called leaders.
- Teach my PARENTS how to call me on Skype.
- Plant a tree.
- Send flowers to random people.
- Drink more and more glass of water.
- Learn SOS in Morse code
- Learn how to say â€œthank youâ€ in 20 languages
- See how many numbers of Pi I can memorize.
- Climb a tree.
- Pick up trash on the side of the road.
- Create a will.
- Make something useful out of trash.
- Learn how to select good produce.
- Learn more and more technologies.
- Make an appointment to see a doctor for an annual checkup.
- Teach someone how to throw a punch.
- Create a series of graphs that describe how I spend my money.
- Learn how to play guitar and piano.
- Read more and more books and blogs.
- Exercise more and more.
- Write blogs more and more.
- Start a fire using primitive techniques.
- Work seriously…
But in the end… Thats what I think….