Mobily was the trade name of the brand which was launched initially on May 2005 by the second largest telecommunications company in Saudi Arabia, Etihad – Etisalat Consortium. Mobily Telecommunication Company was the winning bidder for the second GSM license in Saudi Arabia in 2004. The company has been aimed to provide mobile telecommunications serviced around the country, which caused the monopoly of telecom companies in the wireless business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to break. Mobily Telecom Company had launched their 3.5G and 4G services in 2006 and 2011 respectively.
Since a high number of people in the Kingdom use Mobily telecom services, we have given below, the complete step by step procedure to transfer Credit (Balance) from one Mobily user account over to another Mobily user account. Firstly we will discuss what actually Transfer of Credit (Balance) is. All of the active prepaid subscribers to the Mobily telecom services are able to independently transfer a certain amount of Credit (Balance) or balance to other prepaid customers on the Mobily Telecom network. With the help of the Credit (Balance) transfer service offered by Mobily Telecom, you can also now show to your family and friends that you do care about them when they happen to run out of Credit (Balance), by transferring some over to them, in a moment’s notice. Below are different methods in which prepaid Mobily users can send Credit (Balance) to other users:
- First Method – Dial *123# and press dial. The call will be connected to an automated interactive menu which will guide you to enter the mobile number of that recipient who you wish to transfer the Credit (Balance) to, and also the amount of Credit (Balance) which you want to transfer to the other user. After this is done, the recipient of the Credit (Balance) transfer will receive an SMS of confirmation in which they must enter their ID numbers and send to 611311 in order for the transaction to be completed.
- Second Method – Dial *123* followed by the mobile number, followed by another * and then the amount of the Credit (Balance) transfer and finally # and press dial. The recipient of the Credit (Balance) will have to enter their ID number within a time period of 24 hours after receiving the notification; otherwise the transaction will be cancelled. When the transaction is complete both parties will receive a confirmation message of the transaction.
There are some rules and regulations which must be followed :
- The sender of the Credit (Balance) must have enough Credit (Balance) to transfer to others.
- Currently the service is only available to prepaid users.
- No limit has been set on number of transfers per day
- The maximum amount per transaction is set at SAR 20, while the minimum is set at SAR 5.
- The amount of the Credit (Balance) transfer must be in multiples of 5, i.e. 5, 10, 15 and 20 SAR.
- Recipients have three tries within the 24 hour period to enter their accurate ID number in order to access the funds. In case of non compliance, the Credit (Balance) will be transferred back to the sender.